Maintaining the security of your data is very important to Avocet Battery Materials (“ABM” “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”. We are committed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998 and to ensure that the personal data in our possession is protected.
Personal Data is defined as the information by which you can be identified whether obtained by electronic or documentary means, or when using our website, will only be used, and processed in accordance with this policy.
What information we may collect about you?
We may collect and process personal data such as:
- Your name, company and job title.
- Your contact information, including email address, telephone number and postal address.
- Information such as product preferences and interests.
- Other information in relation to potential business activities, such as offers and surveys.
- Website usage data including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version.
- Communication and Marketing preferences
- Other publicity available information you have shared via a public platform (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Other information for the purpose of the business relationship.
How will we use the information about you?
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from us, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. It will allow us to:
- Supply quotations.
- Process Orders.
- Contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- Inform you of developments and promotions.
- We may also use generic information to customize our website according to the interests and demands of our customers.
- For our own internal records.
- Improve the products and services we provide.
- Send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- Send you promotional mailing or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephones, or mail for market research reasons.
Sharing your data with others
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your data with some of our service partners. These include IT, investors, delivery, and marketing service provides.
ABM will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside the remit of Avocet Group.
Service providers handling data we share with them will have been subject to appropriate data protection and security checks. Contractual obligations on service providers are also in place to ensure data is only used in order to provide the appropriate services to ABM.
Additionally, we may share data with:
- Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, where necessary.
- Government bodies, regulators and law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, and insurers, where we are required to.
How long we keep data
We will retain your data for the period of time that you have an open trade account with us. We will remove your data when you close your trade account and inform us that you will no longer be using our services.
In any other circumstances, it is not expected that we will hold personal data longer than 6 years.
We will hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorized disclosure, access and distribution to your information, we have implemented appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Legal basis for processing customer personal data
ABM collects and uses customer’s data because it is necessary:
- To conduct our legitimate interests
- For exercising our rights under a contract of sale
- For addressing our legal obligations
We only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you, however you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
- Right to be informed of the processing of their personal data.
- Right to obtain confirmation of their personal data that is being processed and be granted access to that information.
- Right to require that incomplete or inaccurate data is rectified.
- Right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for it’s continues processing or retention.
- Right to restrict or block processing of personal data.
- Right to re-use their personal data in different circumstances.
- Right to object to direct marketing or research.
Links from our website and cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website may also contain links to other websites which we have no control outside of our domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection or privacy.
Telephone call recording and email monitoring
Telephone calls may be recorded, and emails monitored. Both are subject to data protection and security requirements, outlined in this document.
Recordings are intended for internal use only.